One Room Challenge Week 1: Laundry Room Makeover (let me set the mood)

    Week 1 of The One Room Challenge



Welcome to my slice of the internet that I call Living in Laundry...fitting for the room I chose to makeover for the Fall 2020 One Room Challenge! We have been in our home almost 4 years and have slowly been working our way DIYing our downstairs into a custom craftsman/farmhouse home. It's a long process and we have not done anything to our upstairs...YET! It's time to start up there and I'll be sharing everything over the next 6 weeks on how my Husband and I take our builder grade laundry room from boring to "I want to live in this room" (which as a Mom of two under 3 and one on the way...I do live in my laundry room). 

Let me walk your through my current room and then show you my mood board and design ideas for the new space. 


Current state of the laundry room

(I can hope someone appreciates the realness of these photos...)



Mood Board


My idea for this space is to create a room I want to be in, in hopes I'll want to stay on top of laundry *fingers crossed*. 

-When you walk in to the left (the wall with the door) and the wall with the window will have floor to ceiling board and batten, painted white. 

-On the door wall I'll have some sort of rod for hanging clothes when drying. 

-Under the window will be a folding station with quartz counter and either an open cabinet or cabinet with doors

-Next to the dryer will be a floor to ceiling cabinet for brooms/mops, etc. and a cabinet that sits on the counter to not have any unused space.

-Behind the washer/dryer will be wallpaper and floating shelves.
-New light fixture

-New wood flooring

-A new door will hopeful be the finishing touch (if i can one)!

I would have loved to have new appliances for this makeover but it's just not something we can spend the money on so for this makeover we will work around our current washer/dryer.

Wallpaper Choices
Use code CRYSTAL15 for 15% off your order!


My house is very grey and neutral so I am ready for something a little more bold.
Wallpaper is my statement for this room and I know in my heart I'll be going with the colorful floral print from Loomwell....the close second is the grey leaves but I need something that will always be bright and cheerful in this space.

Paint color for cabinets
(Benjamin Moore: In Your Eyes)



Paint colors. The cabinets will be this pretty green/blue you see. In your eyes by Benjamin Moore has become my favorite paint color after using it on my pantry door recently! It only seems fitting to use it in another room that will be my favorite place. The rest of the walls (except wallpaper wall) will be Behr's Alkyd Urethane Enamel for trim, cabinets, doors in White (Satin) that we have used on all the other work in our home.


Flooring


For floors we are going with a luxury vinyl plank for the ease of install and durability. We currently have tile and I wanted something that could be simple to install but still make a huge impact. I have been dreaming about "wood" flooring in my home for way too long and even though I deeply wish we could install this floor throughout our home...I am so incredibly thankful we could start in this space! This flooring is going to be perfect, even being a vinyl it still looks and FEELS like wood, there are even knots and grooves/grains that make seem real.






I am sooooo ready to get this project started so stay tuned for all the updates, tutorials, and photos here on my blog and on my Instagram also make sure to check out the other participants here ORC Blog PageBoth from Loomwell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl's Nursery Makeover Pt. 1: Pink Bead Board

DIY Mudroom Built In

Toddler Boy Room Makeover: Behind the Design